Meghan Markle wore a $3,490 lemon-print dress for her first appearance since announcing her pregnancy
- On Monday, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry made a surprise appearance during a virtual Spotify event.
- Markle showed off her maternity style in a $3,490 Oscar de la Renta peplum dress with a lemon print.
- She and Harry announced on Valentine's Day that they're expecting their second child together.
Markle and Harry appeared at Spotify's Stream On virtual event to talk about their new podcast, Archewell Audio."We're using podcasting to drive powerful conversations," Markle said around the 38:40 minute mark. "We created Archewell Audio so we could elevate voices that maybe aren't being heard, and hear people's stories."
For the virtual event that streamed on Monday, Markle wore a lemon-print Oscar de la Renta dress that was available at Saks Fifth Avenue for $3,490 at the time of writing. She paired the dress with simple gold jewelry and wore her hair in waves.Harry wore a white button-down shirt and dark pants for the event.
When the couple shared their pregnancy news, they shared a black-and-white photo taken by their close friend, photographer Misan Harriman.In the photo, Markle gave a look at her first maternity style look while pregnant with her second child, wearing a custom-made sleeveless Carolina Herrera dress while lying on the grass alongside Harry.The Carolina Herrera brand's creative director, Wes Gordon, said that he actually made the dress for Markle in 2018 when she was pregnant with the couple's first child, Archie.
In an interview with The Telegraph, Gordon said Markle's baby announcement outfit offered an important message about sustainability.
"The number one thing someone can do for sustainability is hold on to those pieces you buy and use them for a longer amount of time," he told the publication. "That's why I think what Meghan did is such a powerful message. She wore a dress that's no less beautiful, because it's two years old ... it makes her feel no less special or no less happy."Markle and Harry will do a sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey for an exclusive CBS special on March 7. This will be their first televised, sit-down interview since their engagement, People reported.
- SaaS unicorn Druva, which manages data for NASA, Pfizer, and GameStop, raises $147 million; valuation crosses $2 billion
- Allahabad High Court orders complete lockdown in UP's Lucknow, Prayagraj, Kanpur, Varanasi and Gorakhpur districts till April 26
- Punjab government imposes stricter curbs including extension of night curfew timings in surge of COVID-19 cases
- You can now transfer your Facebook posts to WordPress and Blogger
- Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians, the finalists from last season meet in the 13th match of IPL 2021