Meghan Markle's former LA mansion is still looking for a buyer, and the asking price just dropped - here's a look inside
Getty Images, The Bienstock Group
- The Duchess of Sussex's former California home is now on the market for $1.75 million.
- Meghan Markle rented the home in the Hancock Park neighborhood of LA with her then-husband Trevor Engelson for two years before splitting up in 2013.
- The mansion has four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a modern design with colonial roots.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for mores stories.
The home, which is in the historic Hancock Park neighborhood of LA, has a colonial style exterior but a renovated, modern interior. The all-white interiors and multiple windows ensure that the home is constantly flooded with natural light, too.Sheri Bienstock of The Bienstock Group holds the listing. Keep reading for a look inside the home.
Our Royal Insider Facebook group is the best place for up-to-date news and announcements about the British royal family, direct from Insider's royal reporters. Join here.
Before life as a duchess, Meghan Markle spent her time acting in both Los Angeles and Toronto.
She and her ex-husband rented an LA home from 2011 to 2013 that is now on the market. The colonial-style house is listed for $1.75 million. It has seen a small price cut since being listed in August for $1.8 million.Advertisement
The 2,226 square-foot home has four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and plenty of palm trees.
The living area is the first room you'll find when you walk in ...Advertisement
... and the open-plan layout means it doubles as a dining room.
Just outside the dining room, you'll find the porch.Advertisement
The porch looks out on a spacious backyard.
Back inside, you'll find there's not one, but two lounge areas.Advertisement
Both are accompanied by large windows to allow for lots of natural light.
The entrance to the kitchen provides ample space for a breakfast nook.Advertisement
It's hard not to picture the Duchess of Sussex whizzing up one of her favorite green juices in the kitchen.
Upstairs, there are four bedrooms. Below is the master bedroom.Advertisement
The ensuite master bath has his-and-hers sinks.
Each room has at least two windows, making the second floor just as bright as the first.Advertisement
The third bedroom contains its own alcove fit for a lounge area.
Meanwhile, the fourth bedroom also has an ensuite bathroom.Advertisement
The light, geometric finishes make the home feel current ...
... even with a more historic looking exterior.Advertisement
- Glee.S.T! January 2021 GST collection may have beat the December record
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted