MrBeast announces YouTube 'Rock, paper, scissors' tournament with a $250,000 prize for charity
- Jimmy Donaldson or "MrBeast" is known for his charitable giving stunts like his #TeamTrees initiative to plant 20 million trees, and he has a massive YouTube platform of over 34 million subscribers.
- He announced that he's partnering with YouTube Originals to host a livestream where top creators and influencers will compete in "Rock, paper, scissors" tournament for a $250,000 prize to give to a charity of their choice.
- The money is intended to go to charities with relief efforts for the global coronavirus pandemic.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
For his next challenge, YouTuber MrBeast is giving away a $250,000 prize for relief efforts in the global coronavirus pandemic. 21-year-old Jimmy Donaldson is partnering with YouTube originals to host a livestrem where "the biggest influencers" will play the game "Rock, paper, scissors" in a tournament.
Donaldson, whose rise to over 34 million subscribers is thanks to lots of charitable stunts, tweeted the announcement on Wednesday, and said he'll announce the "big names" who will be competing on Thursday.
—MrBeast (@MrBeastYT) April 22, 2020
The competition will take place on Saturday, April 25 at 3 p.m. PT. Donaldson previously recruited YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki to donate to his #TeamTrees initative, during which he raised over $20 million from fans and famous supporters like Elon Musk and Jeffree Star to put toward a goal of planting 20 million trees.
Donaldson has also continued to post YouTube videos during the coronavirus pandemic, including a charitable stunt to fill six semi trucks with $1,000,000 in meals to help quarantine relief efforts.Read the original article on Insider
- Expect Nifty to end the December series on a positive note, reach a target of 18,900-19,000, says R Venkataraman of IIFL Securities
- Lucknow set to become zero-Covid city
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO : Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Bank of Baroda expects 25-35 basis points rate hike from Dec 5-7 RBI policy meet
- RBI's MPC meeting could throw up a lot more than just a rate hike, say experts
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World