Nicole Richie shared a video of her hair accidentally catching fire as she blew out her 40th birthday candles
- Nicole Richie, known for her role in "The Simple Life," celebrated her 40th birthday on Tuesday.
- Unfortunately, her hair caught fire as she celebrated and blew out birthday candles.
- Richie seems to be OK, and her friends joked with her about the incident on Instagram.
Nicole Richie turned 40 years old this week, but one of her birthday celebrations didn't go as planned.
"The Simple Life" star posted an Instagram video on Tuesday that showed her blowing out candles on a small birthday cake. As she leaned over the cake, however, the ends of her hair caught fire, and laughter and cheers quickly turned to yelling.
A friend in the video is seen reaching out to Richie in an attempt to pull her hair back, but not before the fire quickly spread to the middle of her strands.
"Well… so far 40 is ," Richie captioned the video.
Richie shared a close-up photo of the cake on her Instagram story, revealing that it was decorated with a childhood photo of herself.
Though it's currently unclear as to how Richie put out the fire, or what happened after the video was filmed, the 40-year-old star seems to be OK.
In the comment section of her Instagram post, those close to her even joked about the incident.
"That's hot," her husband Joel Madden wrote, referencing her and Paris Hilton's early 2000s catchphrase.
Representatives for Nicole Richie did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Bharti Airtel's revenues soar by 22% year on year, net profit 165% in Q4FY22
- Volkswagen Virtus vs Skoda Slavia: Specifications and features compared
- LIC makes a weak debut on exchanges today: Here is what analysts have to say
- Top free iPhone and iPad games for all age groups
- Best phones under ₹50,000 in India