Paul Allen's former Beverly Hills property got a major price cut and is back on the market for $110 million. Take a look at the late Microsoft cofounder's 'Enchanted Hill,' which spans 5 empty lots.
Hilton & Hyland
- A massive Beverly Hills property that belonged to late Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen is back on the market for $110 million.
- The 120-acre development site, which spans five empty lots, was put on the market for $150 million after Allen's death in October 2018.
- The property is mostly undeveloped except for utilities, a one-mile private road, and two entrances that Allen added while he owned it.
- According to the listing, the land has space for a private compound as well as multiple guest houses and facilities such as a sports arena, a spa and wellness center, an entertainment complex, equestrian facilities, or a winery.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A sprawling plot of Beverly Hills property that belonged to late Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen is back on the market for $110 million.The land, known as "The Enchanted Hill," was listed for $150 million in October 2018 following Allen's death after a battle with cancer.Advertisement
The development site, which spans five empty lots, is largely empty. Allen reportedly planned on turning it into a personal private compound, but only ended up adding utilities, a one-mile private road, and two entrances to the property during the more than 20 years he owned it.
The $110 million property is listed with Zach Goldsmith, Jesse Lally, Jeff Hyland, and Rick Hilton of Hilton & Hyland.Take a look at the 120-acre Los Angeles property.
A massive plot of prime Los Angeles land that belonged to late Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen is back on the market for $110 million.
Allen bought the property for $20 million back in 1997 and demolished a home that had been built there.Advertisement
Those plans never materialized, but Allen did add utilities, a one-mile private street, and two gated entrances to the property while he owned it.
Beverly Hills, where Allen's former land sits, is one of the most affluent parts of Los Angeles.Advertisement
The Enchanted Hill's lofty position offers prime views of downtown Los Angeles.
The property has five separate parcels, which offers many possibilities for development, according to the listing.Advertisement
"Enchanted Hill is such a different property in that it has a real creative sense to it," one of the listing agents, Jesse Lally, told the Times. "... A creative architect or developer could do something really special here."
The $110 million Beverly Hills property is among several of Allen's sizable former assets that have been put up for sale by the late billionaire's estate since his death.Advertisement
- India's e-cigarettes ban hasn't stopped vaping — it only drove out Juul and Vape
- Assam suffers largest single-day spike with 177 cases, crosses 1000-mark: Officials
- WB COVID-19 death toll crosses 300-mark with 7 more fatalities; total cases 4,813
- 144 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; total rises to 1,024
- Odisha govt announces exemption of road tax for passenger buses