Photos show members of the royal family arriving at Prince Philip's funeral
royal familyhas arrived at Windsor Castle for Prince Philip's funeral.
- Kate Middleton and the Duchess of Cornwall were among the first to arrive.
- The ceremony will take place at St George's Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
The first photos of the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral service show members of the royal family arriving at Windsor Castle on Saturday.
Kate Middleton and the Duchess of Cornwall were among the first to arrive at the castle grounds ahead of the funeral service. Both wore black mourning clothes and face coverings.Prince Philip died "peacefully" at Windsor Castle on Friday, April 9, the palace said in a statement at the time. The duke was 99.
Prince Philip's coffin was moved from the castle's quadrangle, down Chapel Hill and into Horseshoe Cloister in a purpose-built Land Rover, which he helped design.The duke's children, Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Prince Edward, and Prince Andrew, walked behind the coffin, followed by Prince Harry, Peter Phillips, Prince William, Vice Admiral Tim Lawrence, and the Earl of Snowdon.
Buckingham Palace has said that while the funeral has been modified to take public health guidelines into account, the ceremonial aspect of the service is "in line with the Duke's wishes and will reflect His Royal Highness's personal and military affiliations."During the service, a small choir of four singers will perform music selected by Prince Philip. They will be located at a distance from the congregation to comply with public health guidelines. This is a developing story. Please check back for more updates.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry