Prince Charles had an 'emotional' reaction to meeting Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter Lilibet at the Queen's Jubilee, report says
Prince Charleswas reportedly emotional during a first meeting with Prince Harry's daughter.
- Charles was introduced to
Lilibetin June when the Sussexes visited the UK, according to People.
Prince Charles had an "emotional" reaction to meeting the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's daughter, Lilibet, for the first time in June, an anonymous source told People.
The outlet reports that Charles, 73, and his wife Camilla, 74, were introduced to the couple's youngest child during the Queen's Platinum Jubilee weekend, which marked Her Majesty's 70th anniversary on the throne.
Prince Harry and
"It was a fantastic visit. The prince was delighted to see his grandson and meet his granddaughter for the first time," a source told People's Simon Perry, adding that it was "wonderful" to have Harry and Markle back in the UK.
"The Prince and the Duchess [of Cornwall] were absolutely thrilled to see them," the source added, as Charles hadn't seen Archie "for a bit of time."
"It was very special to have some time with him. He hadn't met Lilibet, his granddaughter, and so to meet her for the first time was very emotional — it was a wonderful thing," the source said.
The couple's eldest child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, was born in May 2019 while Harry and Markle were still senior working
Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor was born in California in June last year. She celebrated her first birthday during the Jubilee weekend at a private family gathering at Frogmore Cottage, where the Sussexes lived in Windsor before leaving the UK.
It marked Lilibet's first visit to the UK. She was introduced to her great-grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, during the weekend, Entertainment Tonight reported.
Reports of the meeting have come after months of speculation over a reported rift between Harry and Markle and the
Clarence House and representatives for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000
- Now, tourists from G20 countries will get to use UPI instead of cash in India