Princess Eugenie will follow Meghan Markle's lead and raise her child without a royal title, according to experts
Princess Eugenieand Jack Brooksbank's royal babywill probably not be given a title.
- Since Eugenie's husband does not have a title, the baby would not inherit a title unless granted one by the Queen.
- However, a source close to the princess told Vanity Fair that she would not accept a title for her child even if offered one.
- "Eugenie knows that a title can be a curse as well as a blessing and she and Jack want their child to live an ordinary life and eventually work to earn a living," the source, who claims to be a family friend, told the publication.
- The comments are reminiscent of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's statement requesting privacy for their son, Archie, who also did not inherit a royal title after his birth.
- Buckingham Palace declined to comment when contacted by Insider for this article.
View all Offers
Amazon Brand - Solimo Canes Engineered Wood Queen Bed with Box Storage (Wenge finish)₹ 13449₹ 24000Buy On
- 65% OFF
Amazon Brand - Solimo XXXL Bean Bag Filled With Beans (Black and Brown)₹ 1899₹ 6000Buy On
- 7% OFF
@home by Nilkamal Walton TV Unit (Wenge)₹ 9969₹ 21900Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Polaris Engineered Wood Oak Finish Queen Bed with Box Storage (Imperial Teak)₹ 12449₹ 21999Buy On
- 40% OFF
Da URBAN® Miller Medium Back Office/Revolving Chair (Black)₹ 4999₹ 8999Buy On
Princess Eugenie announced last week that she and her husband Jack Brooksbank are expecting their first child together.
The royal baby will be Queen Elizabeth's ninth great-grandchild and 11th in line to the throne. But despite this, it's highly unlikely that the little one will be born with a title.
There are two reasons for this — and the first is to do with royal tradition.
Eugenie's child will not be a prince or princess like she is because of a letters patent issued by King George V in 1917, which limited the title to: "The grandchildren of the sons of any such Sovereign in the direct male line (save only the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales)."
While it's possible the child could be given another title other than prince or princess, this also isn't a likely scenario.
Unlike Prince William and
"If the baby's father does not have a title then there is no chance that he or she will have one," Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty magazine told Insider.
Little added that Eugenie's baby will instead carry her husband's last name, Brooksbank.
It appears that the only way the child could be given a royal title would be through the Queen, who has the authority to grant them.
According to reports, however, Eugenie does not want a title for her child and would prefer instead to follow the same path as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who famously introduced their son Archie to the world last year without one.
"Even if the Queen offered them a title as a gift, it's not Eugenie or Jack's desire for their child to have a title," a family friend, who chose to remain anonymous, told Vanity Fair.
"Eugenie knows that a title can be a curse as well as a blessing and she and Jack want their child to live an ordinary life and eventually work to earn a living. Titles really don't matter to Jack and Eugenie, they just want a happy healthy child."
The comments echo the statement
The couple have since gone to great lengths to keep Archie out of the royal spotlight, opting out of the traditional hospital photocall after his birth and even keeping his christening details a secret.
He was born Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, taking the official last name that is typically given to royal family members without HRH titles.
"There is little doubt that Eugenie and her sister Beatrice, who are not working
"They have their own careers and it seems clear that they intend to shape their own destinies with as few royal responsibilities as possible," he added.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment when contacted by Insider for this article.
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022