Randy Fenoli says he struggles to sleep when a bride chooses a wedding dress that he thinks is a 'disaster'
- Insider spoke to
Randy Fenoliahead of the 20th season of " Say Yes to the Dress."
- Fenoli told Insider it's hard seeing brides pick gowns he thinks are wrong for them.
To some, Fenoli's job might sound like a dream, and it often is, he told Insider. He gets to help people pick out one of the most important outfits they'll ever wear, learning intricacies about them in the process.
"Choosing a wedding dress is so personal and intimate," he said. "It's really a bonding experience when you think about it."
But Fenoli also told Insider his work has difficulties, such as when he dresses a bride in what he thinks is "the most perfect dress" and she ends up buying something he doesn't think looks good on her.
"I try to get them in the dress and show them, 'Look at what this dress does for your waist, and look what it does for your figure, and look how it brings out your eyes,'" he said of his process.
"And they put the next one on are like, 'Oh, I love this,' and start crying. And I'm like, 'Oh my God, this is a disaster,'" Fenoli said, adding that he is particularly distraught when a bride picks a dress that highlights the "worst part of her body" or a gown that "does nothing for her."
"It is really tough, but if the bride's happy and she feels beautiful, that is what's most important," he said.
"That's when I have to really realize this dress makes her feel beautiful, so I can't change what she feels and I just have to let it go," he added. "But it's hard to sleep some nights."
Fenoli is currently starring in season 20 of "Say Yes to the Dress," which includes a special episode in which Fenoli reflects on the show's 15 years on
You can watch new episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" on TLC on Saturday at 8 p.m. ET.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- Infosys to lead IT sector’s Q2 show with 4% revenue growth, says Jefferies
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World