'Say Yes to the Dress' star Randy Fenoli says he 'can't wrap his head around' see-through wedding dresses
Randy Fenoliof " Say Yes to the Dress" told Insider he doesn't understand sheer wedding dresses.
- "If I had a daughter walking down the aisle, she would not be wearing a see-through dress," he said.
- The 19th season of "Say Yes to the Dress" premieres on Saturday.
Like any other type of
Brides have also embraced sheer wedding dresses in recent years, walking down the aisle in peek-a-boo or totally see-through gowns.
"I can't wrap my head around it," Fenoli said of sheer wedding dresses. "I'm 57, and I'm just a traditionalist."
"I know if I had a daughter walking down the aisle, she would not be wearing a see-through dress," he added.
Fenoli said he thinks brides who choose sheer gowns just approach wedding dresses with a different thought process than he does.
The bridal consultant told Insider that brides who are drawn to sheer or sexier dresses like showing off their figures at their
Fenoli, who appears on season 19 of "Say Yes to the Dress" remotely from his home in Florida because of the pandemic, went on to say that he thinks the lean toward transparent wedding dresses makes sense in the global fashion world.
"It's almost taken on kind of a European kind of feel," Fenoli said of modern wedding-dress couture, pointing out that Europe has often been ahead of America when it comes to accepting more daring looks.
"Our earth is becoming smaller and more global and everybody's connecting on a larger scale," he said. He thinks wedding fashion reflects that global mentality.
Although sheer dresses aren't his favorite bridal
"My goal is always to help the bride choose a dress that they feel the most beautiful in, because when they feel beautiful, they wear that dress like there is no other dress on the planet," he said.
"They know they look good, and everybody feels it," he added. "It's about the confidence that you have while wearing the dress."
You can watch the season 19 premiere of "Say Yes To The Dress" Saturday on TLC at 8 p.m. ET.
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024