Semi mechanic built a motorcycle from semitruck parts
Tower Trikeis an 11,000-pound motorcyclemade from semitruck parts
- It was created by a semitruck mechanic
- It's designed as a safer alternative to a motorcycle due to its massive size
The following is a transcript of the
This motorcycle is made from semitruck parts.
It's called Tower Trike.
And this guy is the brain behind the design.
Jim Gesto: Hi, my name is Jim Gesto. I'm the creator of the Tower Trike. I loved riding motorcycles, but I did not like the inherent danger that came with riding motorcycles. So I built the Tower Trike as a safer alternative to your ride. I Googled the largest motorcycle that you could possibly build and still call it a motorcycle. And we could come up
with 11,000 pounds. After that, it's not a motorcycle. This one weighs in at 10,900 [pounds].
After repairing semis for 50 years Jim had the skill set to bring the Tower Trike to life.
It's powered by a 320-horsepower semi engine and reaches up to 85 miles per hour.
Jim: It won't keep up with a crotch-rocket motorcycle but you don't have to wait on it. It performs about like a standard car but it rides,
like a dream.
Jim has been testing this prototype for five years.
He hopes to start selling them soon.
He estimates the trike will start at $159,000.
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?