Serbia's Eurovision contestant sang about healthcare and Meghan Markle's hair in her competition song
- The 2022
Eurovision Song Contestis currently being held in Turin, Italy.
- Serbia's entrant Konstrakta is competing with a song that mentions
The 43-year-old contestant Konstrakta — whose real name is Ana Đurić — is representing
But it was the opening lyric of the song that captured the attention of many. The musician sings, "What could be the secret of Meghan Markle's healthy hair?" followed by her guess that it's the result of "deep hydration."
Konstrakta later laments on Serbia's healthcare, politics, and how skin and hair can reveal different health problems, like liver issues and enlarged spleens.
Speaking with Eurovision ahead of the performance, Konstrakta said her song is "about health and the atmosphere in which we're living, which has put health as the highest value." She also discussed Markle's role in her song's message.
"Meghan Markle isn't that important here, but she's representative of all those people in the media that we're focused on," she said. "She hasn't contacted me yet, but I'd like for her to hear it!"
Representatives for Meghan Markle did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Prior to the performance, which earned her a spot in Eurovision's grand final on Saturday, Konstrakta appeared on the event's red carpet in an outfit seemingly inspired by Markle.
She wore a white blouse, jacket, and high-waisted pants, all paired with a rounded hat.
The outfit looked strikingly similar to the outfit Markle wore back in 2019 for Commonwealth Day.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World