Serbia's Eurovision contestant sang about healthcare and Meghan Markle's hair in her competition song
- The 2022
Eurovision Song Contestis currently being held in Turin, Italy. Serbia's entrant Konstrakta is competing with a song that mentions Meghan Markle.
The 43-year-old contestant Konstrakta — whose real name is Ana Đurić — is representing Serbia in the annual competition. She performed her entry song "Corpore Sano" on Thursday, and remained seated while singing. She also washed her hands throughout the song and clapped with others onstage.
But it was the opening lyric of the song that captured the attention of many. The musician sings, "What could be the secret of Meghan Markle's healthy hair?" followed by her guess that it's the result of "deep hydration."
Konstrakta later laments on Serbia's healthcare, politics, and how skin and hair can reveal different health problems, like liver issues and enlarged spleens.
Speaking with Eurovision ahead of the performance, Konstrakta said her song is "about health and the atmosphere in which we're living, which has put health as the highest value." She also discussed Markle's role in her song's message.
"Meghan Markle isn't that important here, but she's representative of all those people in the media that we're focused on," she said. "She hasn't contacted me yet, but I'd like for her to hear it!"
Representatives for Meghan Markle did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Prior to the performance, which earned her a spot in Eurovision's grand final on Saturday, Konstrakta appeared on the event's red carpet in an outfit seemingly inspired by Markle.
She wore a white blouse, jacket, and high-waisted pants, all paired with a rounded hat.
The outfit looked strikingly similar to the outfit Markle wore back in 2019 for Commonwealth Day.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade