Several of Tesla's EV competitors advertised their products during Elon Musk's 'SNL' appearance
Teslacompetitors Lucid Motors, Ford, and Volkswagen advertised during CEO Elon Musk's "SNL" gig.
- Lucid used the hashtag "#Firstto500," saying its EV will have more range than Tesla's top model.
- "I drive a Prius," Musk said during his monologue.
As Tesla CEO Elon Musk took to the "
Volkswagen advertised its VW ID.4, while Ford advertised its Mustang Mach-E, according to USA Today.After Musk's opening monologue, there was an ad for Lucid Motors' upcoming Lucid Air, which is expected to travel up to 500 miles without a charge, Fox Business reported.
place it as a challenger to the high-end Tesla Model S, which starts at $69,420. Lucid Air's pricing is expected to start at $77,400, according to the company. On Saturday, the company's ad voiceover for the Lucid Air said: "Introducing luxury electric."
Insider reached out to Tesla, Lucid Motors, Ford, and Volkswagen for comment.
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists
- Sun TV Network's advertising revenue shrinks, but profit jumps 11% on subscriptions