T-Mobile CEO John Legere ditched his historic $17.5 million Manhattan penthouse and bought a $16.7 million mansion in Florida
- T-Mobile CEO John Legere bought a $16.7 million mansion in Naples, Florida, in October.
- According to a December report from The Wall Street Journal's Katherine Clark, he sold his $17.5 million historic Manhattan penthouse to billionaire fashion designer Giorgio Armani.
- As Business Insider's Paige Leskin previously reported, Legere will be stepping down as the CEO of T-Mobile in May of 2020.
- Legere is known for being an unconventional CEO who owns a whole fleet of T-Mobile-branded gear, including a Segway. He took over the company in 2012.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUThe four-bedroom, seven-bathroom home boasts an eight-car garage, a pool in the backyard, a boat dock, and views of the Intracoastal Waterway.
AdvertisementAs Business Insider's Paige Leskin previously reported, Legere has been the CEO of T-Mobile since September of 2012 and is considered to be one of the highest-paid executives in the US. In fact, last year, he was compensated a jaw-dropping $66.5 million for his work.
In November, he announced that he'll be stepping down from the position in May of 2020.T-Mobile isn't the only place Legere has decided to leave. According to the Wall Street Journal's Katherine Clarke, he recently sold his historic $17.5 million Manhattan penthouse to billionaire fashion designer Giorgio Armani.
spans over 3,000 square feet and looks like the inside of a church.According to the report, Legere bought the penthouse back in 2015 for $18 million and listed it for $22 million in 2018. However, he later took it off the market. Armani, who bought the off-market unit, already owns the other apartment on the floor. The purchase has made him the sole owner of the entire floor.