The 12 best hotels in Palm Springs
- Palm Springs is a desert oasis renowned for its retro, vintage vibes that pay homage to the time when the city was a glam retreat for Hollywood stars.
- Now, it's beloved by those who frequent its contemporary galleries and high-end design boutiques, as well as visitors seeking anything from nearby nature, a family vacation, raucous pool parties, or a central base to attend a music festival.
- I've been to Palm Springs many times and keep going back for these diverse offerings, as well as incredible and affordable hotels, which range from boutique hideaways to sprawling resorts and retro motels. To highlight the best, I selected top hotels based on my own experience, as well as those with coveted amenities and design, feedback from sites such as Trip Advisor and Booking.com, and a starting price under $300 per night in low season.
- Read all Insider Picks hotel reviews here.
Palm Springs is a desert oasis teeming with retro, vintage vibes - a nod to when the city was a glam retreat for Hollywood's elite.
Much of the city still pays homage to this heyday like a time capsule, with midcentury modern design on display from hotel lobbies and bungalow homes to contemporary furniture boutiques, eclectic dining, and local architecture.
Given so much nostalgia, the city should probably feel a lot kitschier than it is. But it totally works. There's an authenticity that makes a weekend getaway just as exciting as it was for Frank Sinatra and Liz Taylor way back when.
And while a new generation has ushered itself in, for every Coachella-goer there's an art lover, nature seeker, design purist, or family looking to savor what makes Palm Springs so special.
As such, Palm Springs has seen an influx of development, with scores of hotels ranging from design-forward boutique properties, contemporary outposts of big brand chains, intimate hideaways, sprawling villa-style resorts, and hip hangs for pool-party revelry.
Surrounded by swaying palms, the San Jacinto Mountains, nearby national parks, and near-perfect year-round weather (apart from a very hot summer, of course), Palm Springs is my favorite place for a rejuvenating, but still affordable escape.
A top hotel in high season (late winter and spring) might run anywhere from $200 to $400 per night. But if you're willing to brave the summer temps, you'll find high-end hotels for $100 per night, and often, lower.
To curate a list of top properties, I've compiled my knowledge along with deep research of the city to highlight those with the coveted amenities and design that best channel Palm Springs' spirit, as well as online reviews and ratings from sites such as Trip Advisor and Booking.com, and a starting price point under $300 per night in low season.
And, if you're traveling in or out through Los Angeles, don't miss our list of the best hotels, to bookend your trip.
Keep reading to see why we were so impressed by these Palm Springs hotels, sorted by price from low to high.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Riviera Palm Springs
V Palm Springs
Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs
Triada Palm Springs, Autograph Collection
ARRIVE Palm Springs
The 12 best hotels in Palm Springs
Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs
The Parker Palm Springs
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks