The 16 best new hotels in Europe that every traveler should visit
Courtesy AHEAD Awards
- Europe's hotel of the year is the 19th-century Palazzo Daniele in Puglia, Italy, according to the AHEAD Europe 2019 Awards.
- Run by Sleeper magazine, the AHEAD Europe 2019 Awards recognizes Europe's best hotels built or renovated between June 2018 and May 2019.
- AHEAD Europe announced its 16 winners across 18 categories, ranging from best hotel newbuild to best "visual identity" and best hotel restaurant.
- Winners include an American-inspired 1950s roadside diner in England, eco-friendly sea cabins on a private island in Norway, and a secret garden hotel in Mallorca.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In total, 16 hotels newly built or renovated between June 2018 and May 2019 were awarded across 18 categories. The categories ranged from best new lobby to best restaurant and best new concept. A panel of international hospitality experts, including Marriott International's Senior Interior Design Director and Hilton Worldwide's VP of Architecture, Design & Construction, chose the winners based on the "the application of design and architecture to deliver great guest experiences."
From eco-friendly sea cabins on a remote Norwegian island to an abandoned wine factory-turned-hotel, take a look at the 16 award winners.Starting rates, when not stated on a hotel's website, are based on the lowest rate available for Saturday, January 11, at the time of publication.
AHEAD Europe Hotel of the Year and Best Guestrooms: Palazzo Daniele
Best Bar, Club, or Lounge: Soho House AmsterdamAdvertisement
Best Event Space: Cinema Paradiso at PURO Lódź
Best Hotel Conversion: The LangleyAdvertisement
Best Hotel Newbuild: Mollie's Motel & Diner
Best Hotel Renovation & Restoration: Heckfield PlaceAdvertisement
Best Landscaping & Outdoor Spaces: Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden Palma
Best Lobby & Public Spaces: Belmond Cadogan HotelAdvertisement
Best Lodge, Cabin & Tented Camps: Manshausen 2.0
Best Resort Hotel: The Retreat at Blue Lagoon IcelandAdvertisement
Best Restaurant: NENI at 25hours Hotel Terminus Nord
Best Spa & Wellness: Euphoria RetreatAdvertisement
Best Suite: Dexamenes Seaside Hotel
Best Transport: Ponant Le ChamplainAdvertisement
Best Visual Identity: Amerikalinjen
New Concept of the Year: The AudoAdvertisement
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19