The 16 best new hotels in Europe that every traveler should visit
- Europe's hotel of the year is the 19th-century Palazzo Daniele in Puglia, Italy, according to the AHEAD Europe 2019 Awards.
- Run by Sleeper magazine, the AHEAD Europe 2019 Awards recognizes Europe's best hotels built or renovated between June 2018 and May 2019.
- AHEAD Europe announced its 16 winners across 18 categories, ranging from best hotel newbuild to best "visual identity" and best hotel restaurant.
- Winners include an American-inspired 1950s roadside diner in England, eco-friendly sea cabins on a private island in Norway, and a secret garden hotel in Mallorca.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Sleeper recently announced the winners of its third annual AHEAD Europe Awards, which recognizes the best new hospitality projects and renovations in Europe.In total, 16 hotels newly built or renovated between June 2018 and May 2019 were awarded across 18 categories. The categories ranged from best new lobby to best restaurant and best new concept. A panel of international hospitality experts, including Marriott International's Senior Interior Design Director and Hilton Worldwide's VP of Architecture, Design & Construction, chose the winners based on the "the application of design and architecture to deliver great guest experiences."
From eco-friendly sea cabins on a remote Norwegian island to an abandoned wine factory-turned-hotel, take a look at the 16 award winners.
Starting rates, when not stated on a hotel's website, are based on the lowest rate available for Saturday, January 11, at the time of publication.