The 17 best luxury hotels in the US to visit this year
- US News & World Report just released its 10th annual ranking of best hotels in the world.
- Over 30,000 luxury hotels worldwide were evaluated and over 4,000 US hotels were ranked, based on a combination of travel expert opinion and guest satisfaction.
- Resorts in Hawaii, swanky hotels in Chicago, and basically any Four Seasons property topped the list of best getaways in the US.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you're looking for a stateside getaway, the best places to go are Chicago or a Hawaiian island and the best hotel brand to stay at is Four Seasons, according to US News & World Report.For its just-released annual best hotels report, US News surveyed over 30,000 luxury hotels across North America, Europe, and the Caribbean. Only "luxury hotels," or hotels with more than 20 rooms and a 4-star "hotel class" rating, were eligible for ranking.Advertisement
Four thousand US hotels were then reviewed and ranked, based on a combination of travel expert awards and opinions along with guest satisfaction data sourced from TripAdvisor.
The Four Seasons portfolio has five properties in the top 17 alone. Popular locations included Hawaii, Illinois, California, and Florida.Here's a look at the best luxury hotels to book a stay at in 2020, listed in ascending order of ranking.
17. Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
16. Four Seasons Resort HualalaiAdvertisement
15. Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown
14. The BroadmoorAdvertisement
13. The Peninsula Beverly Hills
12. The Lowell Hotel New YorkAdvertisement
11. Wentworth Mansion
10. Hotel EmmaAdvertisement
9. Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
8. Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DCAdvertisement
7. Montage Kapalua Bay
6. Rancho Valencia Resort & SpaAdvertisement
5. Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World
4. Acqualina Resort & Residences on the BeachAdvertisement
3. The Peninsula Chicago
2. The Langham ChicagoAdvertisement
1. Four Seasons Resort Lanai
- With 367 fresh infections, UP's coronavirus cases cross 9,000 mark; death toll at 245
- Amazon reportedly wants Airtel stake for $2 billion — and a partnership like Jio-Facebook and possibly, Google-Vodafone Idea
- Standard Chartered Bank starts operations at IFSC GIFT City
- Lockdown period helped us grow business, say digital marketers
- PE/VC investments touch USD 5.4 bn in May led by Jio Platforms deals: Report