The 17 best resorts in the world, according to travelers
- Condé Nast Traveler just released its annual Readers' Choice Awards winners, where travelers rate the best destinations and experiences.
- 600,000 voters weighed in on nearly 10,000 hotels, resorts, and spas around the world.
- Here are the top-rated, traveler-approved resorts worldwide.
- Of the resorts included on this list, seven are centered around African safaris. Two private islands in the Maldives are included - and only one resort in the US made the list.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you're looking for the best resorts in the world, go to Africa.
In the survey, 600,000 voters provided their thoughts on nearly 10,000 hotels, resorts, and global experiences. The resorts that ultimately made the final cut all share an air of luxury, but they span different price points and destinations.
Here are the top 17 resorts in the world. Safari-inspired travel seemed to be popular this year, with seven out of 17 resorts being African bush resorts. A couple of private islands in the Maldives made the cut, as did a handful of Irish castles. Only one US resort topped the list.
17. Ol Jogi Home
16. Esperanza, an Auberge Resort
15. Oliver's Camp
14. Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
13. Velaa Private Island
12. Angsana Lang Co
11. Elewana Elsa's Kopje
10. andBeyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp
9. Naladhu Private Island
8. Deplar Farm
7. Dromoland Castle Hotel & Country Estate
6. Richard's River Camp
5. Adare Manor
4. InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort
3. Chindeni Bushcamp
2. L'Horizon Resort & Spa
1. Sirikoi Lodge
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- India to grow at 6.4% in FY24 says RBI, projects FY23 growth rate at 7%
- Hero MotoCorp shares fall 2% after earnings announcement
- Cold drinks, candy & now 'change': India to test coin vending machines that use UPI
- Earthquake: NATO flags fly half-mast in soldarity with ally Turkey
- Moto e13 with Android 13 (Go Edition) launched in India starting at ₹6,999