The 17 best resorts in the world, according to travelers
- Condé Nast Traveler just released its annual Readers' Choice Awards winners, where travelers rate the best destinations and experiences.
- 600,000 voters weighed in on nearly 10,000 hotels, resorts, and spas around the world.
- Here are the top-rated, traveler-approved resorts worldwide.
- Of the resorts included on this list, seven are centered around African safaris. Two private islands in the Maldives are included - and only one resort in the US made the list.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you're looking for the best resorts in the world, go to Africa.
In the survey, 600,000 voters provided their thoughts on nearly 10,000 hotels, resorts, and global experiences. The resorts that ultimately made the final cut all share an air of luxury, but they span different price points and destinations.
Here are the top 17 resorts in the world. Safari-inspired travel seemed to be popular this year, with seven out of 17 resorts being African bush resorts. A couple of private islands in the Maldives made the cut, as did a handful of Irish castles. Only one US resort topped the list.
17. Ol Jogi Home
16. Esperanza, an Auberge Resort
15. Oliver's Camp
14. Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
13. Velaa Private Island
12. Angsana Lang Co
11. Elewana Elsa's Kopje
10. andBeyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp
9. Naladhu Private Island
8. Deplar Farm
7. Dromoland Castle Hotel & Country Estate
6. Richard's River Camp
5. Adare Manor
4. InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort
3. Chindeni Bushcamp
2. L'Horizon Resort & Spa
1. Sirikoi Lodge
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again