The $7 boys' T-shirt that Roman Roy wore in the final episode of 'Succession' is officially sold out at Walmart
- "Succession's" Roman Roy went lowbrow and wore a $7 kids' tee from Walmart in the show's finale.
- The shirt, identified by accounts like @successionfashion, quickly sold out.
The $7 boys' shirt that Roman Roy wore during the "Succession" series finale has sold out in every size.
The pale blue Wonder Nation tee features youthful color-blocked stripes, and is sold at Walmart in a two-pack for $13.96. Roman (Kieran Culkin) wears the tee to reluctantly greet his siblings Shiv (Sarah Snook) and Kendall (Jeremy Strong) as they visit him at their mother's home in Barbados.
The shirt is a serious departure from the Roy family's typical "quiet luxury" — their Tom Ford and Gucci suits, and Loro Piana cashmere baseball hats. The playfulness of the look is reflected in the character's reversion to his childhood self — Roman's wearing the shirt when he and Shiv make a truly repulsive "meal fit for a King" later in the episode. He's also wearing the shirt when he spends an excruciating (and some might say arousing) few minutes licking a block of cheese he's been explicitly told to leave alone.
—wolfgang ruth (@itswolfgangruth) May 29, 2023
"Whoever put Roman in that T-shirt that looks made for a little boy in 2008 for most of the final was a genius," one viewer tweeted. (The genius is most likely Michelle Matland, the show's costume designer).
Some viewers guessed that the T-shirt was meant to be a vestige from his youth.
"I loooove thinking he left a shirt there when he was a teenager on vacation and found it in a drawer ," wrote Zara Naz Rahim on the Instagram account @successionfashion dedicated to the show's costumes.
For once — maybe the first time in the show's history — Roy-boy fashion became accessible.
As accounts like @successionfashion identified Roman's t-shirt, viewers were quick to pick up the T-shirt. Overnight, a mass-produced T-shirt became a niche, covetable memento from a masterful satire of late capitalism.
- India Inc might see margin squeeze with a crude shock at hand
- Indian food habits for youthful and glowing skin
- Nirav Modi's solar power plant up for auction to salvage PNB dues
- India-Canada diplomatic row will not impact military ties: Canadian Army Vice Chief
- India permits 75,000 tonne non-basmati white rice exports to UAE