The best cruises to take in 2020, according to Conde Nast Traveler
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Condé Nast Traveler just released its annual Gold List, which is a collection of editors' favorite travel experiences.
- The list included hotels, resorts, and cruises. Below are the top-rated cruise vacations to take next year.
- Athens, Greece is the most popular port on the list.
- The majority of featured ships were smaller and had more of a focus on luxury than a typical, traditional cruise ship.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
"Are you a cruise person?" is a question that encompasses several others: How comfortable are you with overcrowding? How much personal space do you need? How much money do you want to spend on a vacation?Cruising doesn't always have the best reputation for a whole host of reasons - but it is also a preferred method of travel for many, especially as the industry takes a turn toward the luxurious.
For the most part, the cruises selected by Condé Nast Traveler are high-end, luxury-oriented vacations with smaller or more boutique cruise lines. Only two featured ships had a carrying capacity over 1,000 passengers, and many had undergone recent renovations.The routes selected also play into that luxurious narrative - only one route included Caribbean cruise hot spots, while other itineraries included less-traveled routes through French Polynesia or down the Nile River. Athens, Greece was crowned as a go-to spot: It was port city for three of the seven cruises included on the list.
Keep reading for a look at the cruise vacations that made the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List, organized in ascending order of base price.
New Orleans round trip to the Caribbean on the Norwegian Getaway
Copenhagen, Denmark, to Stockholm, Sweden, on the Oceania Marina
Papeete, Tahiti, to Auckland, New Zealand on the Crystal Serenity
Cairo round trip on the Viking Ra
Lisbon, Portugal, to Athens, Greece, on the Seabourn Ovation
Istanbul, Turkey, to Athens, Greece, on the Regent Seven Seas Voyager
Mumbai, India, to Athens, Greece, on the Silversea Silver Spirit
- Google photos will charge $1.99 per month for 100 GB storage from June 1
- Best smartphones under ₹10,000 in India
- Tamil Nadu government to bear all expenses of COVID patients in private hospitals
- CoWin portal to make 4-digit security code mandatory from May 8