The best cruises to take in 2020, according to Conde Nast Traveler
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Condé Nast Traveler just released its annual Gold List, which is a collection of editors' favorite travel experiences.
- The list included hotels, resorts, and cruises. Below are the top-rated cruise vacations to take next year.
- Athens, Greece is the most popular port on the list.
- The majority of featured ships were smaller and had more of a focus on luxury than a typical, traditional cruise ship.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
"Are you a cruise person?" is a question that encompasses several others: How comfortable are you with overcrowding? How much personal space do you need? How much money do you want to spend on a vacation?
For the most part, the cruises selected by Condé Nast Traveler are high-end, luxury-oriented vacations with smaller or more boutique cruise lines. Only two featured ships had a carrying capacity over 1,000 passengers, and many had undergone recent renovations.
The routes selected also play into that luxurious narrative - only one route included Caribbean cruise hot spots, while other itineraries included less-traveled routes through French Polynesia or down the Nile River. Athens, Greece was crowned as a go-to spot: It was port city for three of the seven cruises included on the list.
Keep reading for a look at the cruise vacations that made the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List, organized in ascending order of base price.