The best cruises to take in 2020, according to Conde Nast Traveler
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Condé Nast Traveler just released its annual Gold List, which is a collection of editors' favorite travel experiences.
- The list included hotels, resorts, and cruises. Below are the top-rated cruise vacations to take next year.
- Athens, Greece is the most popular port on the list.
- The majority of featured ships were smaller and had more of a focus on luxury than a typical, traditional cruise ship.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
"Are you a cruise person?" is a question that encompasses several others: How comfortable are you with overcrowding? How much personal space do you need? How much money do you want to spend on a vacation?Cruising doesn't always have the best reputation for a whole host of reasons - but it is also a preferred method of travel for many, especially as the industry takes a turn toward the luxurious. Advertisement
For the most part, the cruises selected by Condé Nast Traveler are high-end, luxury-oriented vacations with smaller or more boutique cruise lines. Only two featured ships had a carrying capacity over 1,000 passengers, and many had undergone recent renovations.The routes selected also play into that luxurious narrative - only one route included Caribbean cruise hot spots, while other itineraries included less-traveled routes through French Polynesia or down the Nile River. Athens, Greece was crowned as a go-to spot: It was port city for three of the seven cruises included on the list.
Keep reading for a look at the cruise vacations that made the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List, organized in ascending order of base price.
New Orleans round trip to the Caribbean on the Norwegian Getaway
Copenhagen, Denmark, to Stockholm, Sweden, on the Oceania MarinaAdvertisement
Papeete, Tahiti, to Auckland, New Zealand on the Crystal Serenity
Cairo round trip on the Viking RaAdvertisement
Lisbon, Portugal, to Athens, Greece, on the Seabourn Ovation
Istanbul, Turkey, to Athens, Greece, on the Regent Seven Seas VoyagerAdvertisement
Mumbai, India, to Athens, Greece, on the Silversea Silver Spirit
- IIT Roorkee student’s TikTok clone app Mitron TV is riding high in downloads because of its association with PM Modi’s favourite word
- Tata Trusts ties up with 2 medical institutions for online training of staff to manage COVID-19
- Reliance launches JioMart across 200 cities; analysts say co eyeing spike in online grocery orders
- Airtel Payments Bank, Mastercard team up to develop customised financial products for farmers, SMEs
- COVID-19: 100 new cases; total infected 2,282 in Karnataka