The best shower caps you can buy
- Single-use shower caps are wasteful and often ineffective.
- Our pick for the best reusable shower cap you can buy is the Shhhower Cap. It's pricey, but it's totally leak-proof thanks to a gel-like strip around the inner band, and it comes in a variety of fun patterns and prints.
If you're not an obsessive hair washer, there's a strong chance you have a shower cap (or two) tucked away in your bathroom. You simply can't beat them when you want to freshen up in the shower without starting from square one with your hair.
Shower caps keep your strands dry, protect your style, and prevent your second (or third!) day hair from falling flat.
But shower caps aren't particularly fun to spend money on. They tend to be little more than glorified plastic bags - and they look like them, too. Luckily, we're experiencing something of a shower cap revolution. Some of the latest offerings are downright cool, and with innovative materials and designs, they're more effective than ever before.
Not all of these picks are stylish enough to wear outside, but they all stand out from the pack for their superior functionality. If style is your priority, there are options for you - no more looking like an extra from the sleepover scene in "Grease" when you hit the showers at the gym or in a dorm!
Here are our top picks for the best shower cap:
- Best overall: Shhhower Cap
- Best for extending a blowout: Drybar the Morning After Shower Cap
- Best bargain cap: Betty Dain Fashionista
- Best travel shower cap: EcoTools Shower Cap and Case
- Best shower cap for wearing outside: Kitsch Luxury Shower Cap
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.