The most expensive home for sale in London is a $97 million mansion that has a panic room equipped with fingerprint and eye recognition. Here's a look inside.
United Kingdom Sotheby's International Realty
- A 10-bedroom London mansion has hit the market for £75, or about $97 million.
- It's the most expensive home currently listed in the UK capital, Sotheby's International Realty confirmed to Business Insider.
- The lavish gated residence features an in-house spa with a hot tub, sauna, and hammam, and a pool.
- It also comes with a panic room equipped with biometric security technology such as fingerprint and eye scanning.
- There's also a secure underground garage with a hydraulic car lift that has space for up to four vehicles.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A £75 million ($97 million) mansion has hit the market in London, becoming the most expensive residence for sale in the UK capital, Sotheby's International Realty confirmed to Business Insider.
The gated, 10-bedroom home comes with an in-house spa with a hot tub, sauna, and hammam, as well as a 12-seat movie theater, two wine cellars, and a pool.
The home is located in the affluent residential neighborhood of St. John's Wood and includes a secure underground garage. Sotheby's did not disclose the current owner of the home.
Even if it sells at the asking price, the $97 million home will not be the most expensive residence to ever sell in the UK. That record is currently held by the sale of a country manor in Oxfordshire for £140 million ($183 million) in 2011, according to Mansion Global. And in 2019, billionaire hedge fund manager Ken Griffin paid $122 million for a London home, making it the city's most expensive sale since 2008.
Diana Tran of United Kingdom Sotheby's International Realty holds the listing.
Take a look inside the London mansion.