Video shows a massive fireball destroying the deck of a supply ship in the Antarctic Ocean
- A video shows shows a fire erupting on a vessel in the Antarctic Ocean.
- It left the ship with a damaged engine and only able to move at slower speeds.
- No injuries were reported, and authorities are investigating.
Video footage shows a fire erupting on a supply vessel in the Antarctic Ocean.
The fire started at around 2 p.m. on Monday on MPV Everest, The Guardian reported, while it was five days into a 14-day journey back to Australia.
Watch the video here:
The fire was suppressed, but it left the ship only able to go at much slower speeds, according to The Guardian.
No injuries were reported, and the Australian Transport Safety Bureau is investigating.
A Maritime Union of Australia official said the fire caused "significant damage" to one of the ship's engines and "resulted in the destruction of two smaller vessels stored on the deck," The Guardian reported.
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- WhatsApp may soon let users schedule calls within group chats
- LinkedIn 100 million members milestone in India—making it the second largest market
- Zoom to lay off around 1,300 employees, CEO Eric Yuan taking 98 per cent pay cut
- OnePlus 11 5G vs Samsung Galaxy S23 – price, specs and features compared
- Turkey-Syria quake toll nearing 8,000, searches continue