Video shows a massive fireball destroying the deck of a supply ship in the Antarctic Ocean
- A video shows shows a fire erupting on a vessel in the Antarctic Ocean.
- It left the ship with a damaged engine and only able to move at slower speeds.
- No injuries were reported, and authorities are investigating.
Video footage shows a fire erupting on a supply vessel in the Antarctic Ocean.
The fire started at around 2 p.m. on Monday on MPV Everest, The Guardian reported, while it was five days into a 14-day journey back to Australia.
Watch the video here:
The fire was suppressed, but it left the ship only able to go at much slower speeds, according to The Guardian.
No injuries were reported, and the Australian Transport Safety Bureau is investigating.
A Maritime Union of Australia official said the fire caused "significant damage" to one of the ship's engines and "resulted in the destruction of two smaller vessels stored on the deck," The Guardian reported.
- PVR, Inox, Vodafone Idea, HDFC Bank and other top stocks to watch out for on September 27
- OfBusiness was the only woman led startup that entered the unicorn club this year
- Those who have held these stocks for a decade have only lost money
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath adds seven new ministers including Jitin Prasada ahead of polls
- Out of all cancer cases, 7.9% were found in children below 14 years, reveals ICMR report