Video shows the terrifying moment a passenger opened a plane's emergency door as it was coming in to land
- A passenger reportedly opened an emergency door of a plane as it made its landing approach.
- A terrifying video shows the moment wind roars through the cabin of the Asiana Airlines plane.
A video shows the terrifying moment a passenger reportedly opened an emergency exit door while it was coming in to land in South Korea on Friday.
The video, which circulated on social media, shows the wind roaring through the plane and buffeting the passengers seated closest to the open door. Passengers can be heard crying out in the background.
The plane, which had 194 passengers on board, was an Asiana Airlines Airbus A321 flying from Jeju Island to Daegu International Airport, according to the Associated Press.
The incident reportedly took place at an altitude of 700 feet when the plane was descending to Daegu airport.
Some of the other passengers tried to stop the person, but they succeeded in partially opening the door, the Transport Ministry said, AP reported.
An unidentified 33-year-old male passenger who was seated near an emergency exit row is being questioned by authorities over the incident, according to The Guardian.
Local news agency Yonhap reported that the man, who was traveling alone and did not appear to be intoxicated, has so far refused to answer investigators' questions.
"It is difficult to have a normal conversation with him," an official told Yonhap. "We will investigate the motive of the crime and punish him."
Dozens of schoolchildren were on the flight
Officials said the plane landed safely, but 12 people were taken to hospitals after suffering minor symptoms, including breathing problems, according to AP.
The injured passengers included eight schoolchildren, according to the island's education office, The Guardian reported.
The plane was carrying 48 primary and middle school children to a sporting event.
"The children were shaking, crying, and frightened. Those sitting near the exit must have been shocked the most," the mother of one of the pupils told Yonhap.
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar