Watch Tesla's $133,000 Model S Plaid race around the Nürburgring in record time
Elon Musktweeted that the TeslaModel S Plaid broke a record for the Nürburgringrace track.
- It beat the previous lap time for a production
EV, by a Porsche Taycan Turbo, by just over 11 seconds.
- Tesla released footage of one of the car's laps of the circuit.
Tesla has set a new record for production electric
CEO Elon Musk tweeted on Thursday that a Tesla Model S Plaid had completed the Nürburgring in 7 minutes, 30.9 seconds. It was "completely unmodified," he said.
Tesla released a video on Friday taken from inside the car while it was racing around the 13 mile-long Nürburgring Nordschleife on a second lap, which it completed in just over 7 minutes 35 seconds.
Tesla would go again with a modified version of the Model S Plaid, Musk said. The 1,000-horsepower Plaid is the most powerful version of the Model S.
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi