Wealthy weekender's guide: Where to eat, stay, party, and buy in New York's Finger Lakes region
Cavan Images/Getty; Albert Pego/Getty; Jim Feng/Getty; Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
- The Finger Lakes, a series of 11 lakes in Central New York, span 9,000 square miles and are a popular fall destination for weekend vacationers.
- The area is about a five-hour drive from Manhattan.
- The Finger Lakes are known for their wineries and the stunning Watkins Glen State Park. With its changing foliage and expansive views, fall makes for a perfect time to visit the area.
- Business Insider spoke with Jennifer Fitzgerald, the owner of local real-estate company Lake To Lake Real Estate, to get the inside scoop on how to enjoy the Finger Lakes, lake by lake.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Fall enthusiasts are flocking to the Finger Lakes region of central New York - and for good reason.
The Finger Lakes region spans over 9,000 square miles. Spread across that area are 11 lakes, an array of wineries, and some beautiful hikes and drives that make for a perfect fall getaway. But, with such a vast area to choose within, it can be hard for first-time visitors or prospective buyers to figure out where, exactly, they should land.
Here's a look at what to do and where to go when you're in the Finger Lakes.