You still need to wear a mask on planes, trains, and buses - even if you've been fully vaccinated
CDCsays fully vaccinated Americans still have to wear masks on public transit.
- This covers domestic plane, train, and bus journeys as well as global travel to or from the US.
- On Thursday, the CDC advised that vaccinated people could remove masks even in most indoor settings.
View all Offers
- 53% OFF
Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus Tablet (26.16 cm (10.3-inch), 2GB, 32GB, Wi-Fi + LTE, Volte Calling), Platinum Grey₹ 12999₹ 12999Buy On
- 29% OFF
Combo Offer -Netgear Router and Resonate CRU12V2 Router UPS₹ 625938₹ 625938Buy On
- 21% OFF
Lenovo V15 Intel Core i5 11th Gen 15.6" (39.62 cm) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/256GB SSD/Windows 10/MS Office/Black/1.7 kg), 82KB00EYIN₹ 50790₹ 50790Buy On
- 2% OFF
Apple Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11-inch and iPad Air (4th Generation) - Black₹ 25109₹ 25109Buy On
- 31% OFF
Dell 15 (2021) Intel i3-1115G4 Laptop, 8GB, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 + MS Office, Integrated Graphics, 15.6 inches FHD Display, Carbon Color (Inspiron 3511, D560581WIN9BE), 1.8kg₹ 41490₹ 41490Buy On
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday advised that fully vaccinated Americans didn't have to wear masks indoors, provided individual states and businesses allow that - but the new guidance doesn't apply to public transit.
Fully vaccinated people will still have to wear a mask on public transit, including planes, trains, and buses, the CDC said, because of the
But Americans traveling within the US who have been fully vaccinated no longer need to quarantine or get tested before or after travel, the CDC said. And fully vaccinated Americans traveling overseas don't need to get tested before leaving the US unless their destination requires it. They should still get tested once they arrive back in the US, but they don't need to quarantine, the CDC said.
The CDC's new guidelines also say people still need to follow guidance set by their workplace or local businesses.
Israel and many European countries have rolled out or are mulling the use of vaccine passports, which would make it easier for transport companies, alongside venues like restaurants and gyms, to identify who has been vaccinated.
But the US government said it wouldn't introduce federally mandated vaccine passports. Some states, including Arizona, Montana, Idaho, Texas, Florida, and Utah, have banned the passports, with Gov. Doug Ducey of Arizona saying people "should not be required by the government to share their private medical information."
This makes it tricky for the transport companies that are requiring guests and staff to be vaccinated. Norwegian Cruise Line, which is mandating vaccines for travelers and crew, threatened to stop sailing out of Florida after Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order banning vaccine passports.
- NCLAT approves resolution plan for Odisha Slurry Pipeline Infra
- Netflix continues to bet big on Korean content, announces its biggest lineup ever of more than 25 shows
- Parle Products launches a series of ads for Hide & Seek to establish the brand's identity as an enabler of first-time conversations
- Call of Duty, Diablo and Overwatch are among the major titles expected to be made available on Xbox Game Pass
- This year’s defence budget may focus on building submarines, drones, warships and aircraft carriers
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022