Billionaire Lakshmi Mittal was once the world's third richest man but lost $17.5 billion in the last decade
- Mittal, the CEO of the world's largest steelmaker, is the 91st richest person in the world, controlling the wealth of $13.6 billion.
- Billionaire Lakshmi Mittal was born into a home without electricity and now owns three mansions worth $350 mn.
- Lakshmi Mittal, the world's largest steel producer, lost more than half of his wealth in a decade.
Here’s a look at his journey:
Mittal derives his wealth from 38% stake in ArcelorMittal
Mittal started his journey as an industrialist outside India in the 1970s
Mittal was the biggest gainer in the year 2005
Mittal has expensive tastes
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Why the melting of the Arctic ice matters to India?
- The economics behind Reliance Jio’s operations
- Akshay Kumar-led 'Cuttputlli' sets September 2 premiere on Disney+ Hotstar
- Best anti-dandruff shampoos to buy in India
- India’s first electric double-decker bus launched in Mumbai; to foster sustainability in Transport Sector