Anand Mahindra offers internship to a millionaire’s son who left home to have his own identity
Mahindra groupoffered internship opportunity to the son of a millionaire oil trader.
- Anand Mahindra, Chairman of Mahindra group took to twitter to applaud the efforts of the 19-year-old son —
Dwarkesh Thakkar— who ran away to Shimlato earn his living.
- This came after Dwarkesh Thakkar was in the headlines for washing utensils in a hotel in Shimla and sleeping on roads.
“Doing a Sunday catch-up on my reading. I admire this young man. He wanted to strike out on his own. He may seem just like an eccentric runaway, but he could also be tomorrow’s successful, independent entrepreneur. I’d be happy to offer him an internship at @MahindraRise,” he tweeted.
Doing a Sunday catch-up on my reading. I admire this young man.. He wanted to strike out on his own. He may seem ju… https://t.co/pUsPNLOV6i— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) 1573371728000
“It is a great opportunity for me and I will definitely take it up if I can get in touch with anyone from the company,” Dwarkesh told the Times Of India (ToI).
His father Rakesh Thakkar, on his son being offered internship by Mahindra told TOI that “Dwarkesh has just one aim — to make it big on his own one day.”
This came after Dwarkesh Thakkar was in the headlines for washing utensils in a hotel in Shimla and sleeping on roads, thanks to the two Vadodara police officers who figured him in Shimla during a holiday. According to a TOI report, he has been working in the hotel fir over a month.
Engineering student Dwarkesh, who left his home in Padra to attend college on October 14 had merely ₹1,250 with him. However, he didn’t return to his home that day and decided to take a train to Delhi, after which he was untraceable by the police for almost a month.
Dwarkesh didn’t want to study or go to college, which is why he wanted to leave his home in Padra.
Almost half the companies in India offering internships eventually hire the same candidates
IIM Calcutta students receive over ₹1 lakh monthly stipend for analytics internships
India’s top b-school graduates are being paid over ₹2 lakh for summer internships
Popular on BI
- eMudhra IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Heatwave is gone and heavy rainfall, hailstorms in the next 5 days — IMD issues alert
- Retail inflation could soften by 50-60 basis points on government interventions: CARE
- Tata Steel, JSW, SAIL and JSPL will lose half of their export biz as government wages war on inflation
- Sony has announced that half of its game releases will be on PC and mobile by 2025
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction