checkout the list of Nobel Prize winners from Kolkata
Abhijit Banerjeebecame the sixth Nobel Laureate from Kolkata.
- Rabindranath Tagore,
Amartya Sen, Mother Teresa, CV Raman and Ronald Ross are the others from Kolkata or have a connection to the city, who won the award.
- Two of them are from the city’s Presidency College.
In fact, one of the most prestigious universities of the city – Presidency college has in itself brought out two Nobel Laureates including Banerjee.
Here’s a look at the city’s
Indian-American MIT Prof Abhijit Banerjee and wife Esther Duflo win Noble prize in Economics
Popular on BI
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity