checkout the list of Nobel Prize winners from Kolkata
Abhijit Banerjeebecame the sixth Nobel Laureate from Kolkata.
- Rabindranath Tagore,
Amartya Sen, Mother Teresa, CV Raman and Ronald Ross are the others from Kolkata or have a connection to the city, who won the award.
- Two of them are from the city’s Presidency College.
AdvertisementDurga Puja might be over but celebrations aren’t over in the city of joy – Kolkata. The city celebrated its sixth Nobel Laureate with Abhijit Banerjee being awarded the prestigious award for his contribution to economics.
In fact, one of the most prestigious universities of the city – Presidency college has in itself brought out two Nobel Laureates including Banerjee.
Here’s a look at the city’s
Indian-American MIT Prof Abhijit Banerjee and wife Esther Duflo win Noble prize in Economics
- Top stocks to watch — Hero Moto, Airtel, Tata Motors, ICICI Bank, Adani Gas, Marico, Titan, Dr Reddy’s and others
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'