checkout the list of Nobel Prize winners from Kolkata
Abhijit Banerjeebecame the sixth Nobel Laureate from Kolkata.
- Rabindranath Tagore,
Amartya Sen, Mother Teresa, CV Raman and Ronald Ross are the others from Kolkata or have a connection to the city, who won the award.
- Two of them are from the city’s Presidency College.
In fact, one of the most prestigious universities of the city – Presidency college has in itself brought out two Nobel Laureates including Banerjee.
Here’s a look at the city’s
Indian-American MIT Prof Abhijit Banerjee and wife Esther Duflo win Noble prize in Economics
Popular on BI
- Lava launches 'Blaze' smartphone at an affordable price in India
- ID Fresh offers stock options to another 27 employees, aims to create 100 crorepatis in the next three years
- Best face wash for oily skin in India
- Gone with the windfall tax: ONGC loses a fifth of its market value
- LG Electronics Q2 operating earnings fall by 12% on weaker demand