Tik Tok user lays out Jeff Bezos enormous wealth in rice grains
- A viral Tik Tok video illustrating Bezos wealth gained almost 2.6 million views on Twitter.
- Humphrey Yang, a Tik Tok user, represented Bezos' wealth with a huge heap of rice, weighing 58 pounds.
- Bezos’ shelled out a total of $10 billion in the past week amid the
Humphrey Yang, a personal finance guru with 1.4 million likes and 252 thousand followers on the video-sharing platform, created an illustration of Bezos wealth with the help of grains of rice. The video went viral and has already received almost 2.6 million views and nearly 88 thousand likes on Twitter.
Rice. Part two: Jeff Bezos net worth represented visually by rice. https://t.co/kYIoyxLgMW— Humphrey (@Humphreytalks) 1582849141000
At the beginning of the viral video, Yang pretended a single grain of rice represents $100,000, and then he later counts out 10 grains of rice to show $1 million. Yang moves on further and counts out the whooping amount of 10,000 grains to illustrate what $1 billion looked like in rice grains.
In the later part of the video, he shows a huge heap of rice, weighing 58 pounds (26.3 Kilograms) with a whiteboard representing Bezos fortune equal to $122 billion.
The viral video largely gained user attention and received comments sparking debates over Bezos net worth. Tweeps were left ‘jaw-dropped’ after many commented on the video that they wished to have one grain of that rice heap.
@Humphreytalks @drjulie_b i wish i had even one grain of rice bahaha— spicy baked potato (@Mishfishhh) 1582878734000
@Humphreytalks Pass the soy sauce and let's each the rich!— Thought Criminal (@Handsome_Hugh) 1582870332000
While there were still many, who questioned Bezos and said, “What size is an Amazon employee’s salary?”
@Humphreytalks @GrogsGamut What size is an Amazon employee’s salary?— Kate (@KateLSpring) 1582880764000
Last year in April 2019, Bezos lost a big chunk of his wealth after he divorced his wife MacKenzie, who kept $35.6 billion in Amazon stock. The wealth made her the third richest woman on the earth. After the move, Bezos retained about 75% of the family’s stock in Amazon. His divorce cost him a huge amount of his wealth, but he never lost the status as the richest man in the world.
The coronavirus has already cost the ultra-wealthy more than $100 billion. Here’s why they’re likely to feel more pain from the market drops than the average American.
The economic damage so far from coronavirus is just half the average of past pandemics.
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed
- These are the hottest fintech and crypto jobs in India right now