The most expensive homes sold in the Hamptons in 2018
- The Hamptons are a playground for the rich, where everyone from celebrities to CEOs own a vacation home.
- The current median asking price for a home in the Hamptons is $2.19 million, according to Out East.
- But that's nothing compared to the 10 most expensive homes in the Hamptons sold during 2018, which range from $17 million to $40 million.
A central summer destination, it's a playground for the rich - anyone who's anyone, from Beyoncé to Calvin Klein, has a vacation home there. And it looks like the cost to buy one is getting even more expensive.
The current median asking price for a home in the Hamptons is $2.19 million, a 4.7% increase compared to last year, a spokesperson from Out East, a Hamptons real-estate website, told Business Insider. But that has nothing on the most expensive homes sold in the Hamptons during 2018.
Of the top 10, the cheapest home sold for more than $17 million. But the most expensive? That one went for a whopping $40 million.
See which Hamptons homes sold for the highest price this year, according to Out East.
10) 19 Chauncey Close, East Hampton — $17.28 million
9) 4.5-acre Mecox Bayfront, Water Mill — $18.75 million
8) 79 Surfside Drive, Bridgehampton — $18.8 million
7) 719 Ocean Road, Bridgehampton — $22.7 million
6) 240 Old Montauk Highway, Montauk — $22.8 million
5) 121 Further Lane, East Hampton — $24 million
4) 477 Little Plains Road, Southampton — $24 million
3) 51 Halsey Lane, Water Mill — $26.1 million
2) 134 Murray Lane, Southampton — $32 million
1) 290 Further Lane, East Hampton — $40 million
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next Chief Minister of Punjab
- iQOO to launch its new smartphone AiQOO Z5 in India soon at ₹30,000
- India may soon reopen its doors for foreign tourists as COVID-19 cases decline in the country
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody