The best ice cube trays you can buy
- Ice cube trays are made of different materials and produce ice cubes of different sizes, shapes, and flavors.
- The best everyday ice cube tray for most people is the OXO Good Grips Ice Cube Tray.
Baby, it's hot out there. But there's a simple way to beat the heat this summer: Enjoy a cold drink over ice. While many of us have refrigerators with built-in ice makers, you may well choose to make additional ice cubes, too.
Americans have been making their own ice cubes since the advent of home refrigeration in the 1930s. Back then, aluminum trays were the norm. In the 1950s, stainless steel trays showed up on the scene, but they were mostly replaced by plastic in the 1960s. By the 1980s, ice cube trays with lids started appearing. In the early 2000s, silicone trays popped up. Their pliable nature meant you could pop out innovatively-shaped ice cubes with relative ease.Today, there are hundreds of different styles of ice cube trays on the market that will transform water into ice of different sizes and shapes. Novelty or gimmick ice cube trays have become increasingly popular in recent years, likely because they are a relatively inexpensive way to add a blast of fun to a special occasion.
These are the best ice cube trays you can buy to keep your drinks cold this summer. We've included trays with lids, silicone ones, an old-fashioned metal option, and a cool ice ball mold.
Here are the best ice cube trays you can buy in 2019:
- Best ice cube tray overall: OXO Good Grips Ice Cube Tray
- Best ice cube tray with a lid: Peaks Ice Works Everyday Ice Tray
- Best silicone ice cube tray: Tovolo Perfect Cube Ice Trays
- Best stainless steel ice cube tray: Onyx 18/8 Stainless Steel Slot Ice Cube Tray
- Best ice ball mold: Zoku Ice-Ball Ice Sphere Mold
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best overall
The best tray with a lidAdvertisement
The best silicone tray
The best stainless steel trayAdvertisement
The best ice ball mold
Check out our other buying guidesAdvertisement
- Manforce Condoms aims to capture 50% market share by 2023
- ASCI asks BYJU’s White Hat Jr to withdraw its social ads for making misleading claims
- EXCLUSIVE: Tata Communications’ IoT head explains how COVID is driving the next wave of Internet of Things
- 2020 US Presidential election to be most expensive in history, expected to cost $14 billion
- COVID-19 vaccine updates: Pfizer, Moderna to roll out COVID-19 vaccine by December