There are 3 body shapes - here's what each reveals about your health
What body shape are you?
Apple, Pear, or Hourglass. These are the 3 main body types, according to doctors. Which one you have can say a lot about your health and could explain why it's so hard to lose weight."Apples" carry extra weight around the waist.
The result is a higher risk of: Heart disease, High blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, Certain cancers like colon and uterine cancer.The upside? Visceral fat is the easiest type to get rid of with diet and exercise. So, "apples" often lose weight faster than other body shapes.
However, "pears" have a harder time losing weight.That's because "pears" store most excess fat in their lower half. This stubborn fat is commonly called "passive fat". While it's not as dangerous as visceral fat it places extra stress on the legs.This can increase the risk of: Varicose veins, Degenerative knee and leg joint diseases. The upside? "Pears" are at lower risk of the diseases that "apples" often face.
Then there are those shaped like an hourglass (for women) or rectangle (for men). These people tend to carry extra weight all over. That includes visceral fat around the midsection.
So, they're also at risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Luckily, diet and exercise can reduce the health risks.So which shape are you?
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit