There's an easy trick to get YouTube's ad-free version on your iPhone for $3 cheaper
The service kills all ads on YouTube, let's you save videos to view offline, and will eventually have its own exclusive original content.
YouTube Red has a free 30-day trial period, but after that, you have to start paying up. On desktop and Android, it costs $9.99 per month, and on iOS, $12.99 per month.
But there's an easy trick you can use to get YouTube Red on your iPhone or iPad for just $9.99 per month. All you have to do is sign up using your desktop instead of your phone.To do this, go to YouTube.com/Red and sign up there instead of through the App Store. Then you'll be able to use that account information to download the iOS app.
And just like that, you have YouTube Red on your phone for only $9.99. In fact, unless you have a bunch of App Store credit you are trying to use, there doesn't seem to be any advantage to buying a subscription to YouTube Red through Apple.
And that's probably just how Google wants it.
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
- Samsung announces Galaxy Watch5 Series with sleep tracking and IR temperature sensor
- India's exports rose to $36 billion in July; trade deficit almost triples
- Rupee, bond yield ends almost flat ahead of the long weekend