There's another HealthCare.gov disaster
Getty Images / Joe Raedle
According to the Associated Press, the Obama administration said about 800,000 HealthCare.Gov customers were sent the wrong tax information. Those customers will now have to delay filing their 2014 tax forms.
"California, which is running its own insurance market, just announced a similar problem affecting about 100,000 people in that state," the AP reported. "The errors mean that nearly 1 million people may have to wait longer to get their tax refunds this year. Another 50,000 or so who already filed may have to resubmit their returns."
HealthCare.gov, the online insurance exchange set up by the Affordable Care Act (also known as Obamacare), had an infamously rocky rollout when it launched in 2013. At the time, hundreds of thousands of consumers couldn't access the website and the White House struggled to fix its bugs.
Politico reported this week that HealthCare.gov is "still a mess."
"The 'back end' of the Obamacare website still isn't properly wired to the health insurance companies," Rachana Pradhan and Brett Norman wrote. "Subsidy payments aren't automated, so the insurers get payments based on estimates. And adding information like a marriage or the birth of a child is a convoluted, multi-step process."
- How a tiger-infested Assamese forest got reduced to barren wasteland in only a decade, and then bounced back
- Mani Ratnam's 'Ponniyin Selvan-I' box office collections at ₹200 crore
- DHFL case: Delhi court dismisses statutory bail plea of Wadhawan brothers
- Four Indian-American teens win top prize for young heroes
- Mangalyaan: All you need to know about India’s first historic mission to Mars
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World