There's Only One Lucky Investor Who Got A Piece Of $16 Billion WhatsApp
WhatsApp never raised much outside funding, except from one lucky VC firm: Sequoia Capital.In 2011, Sequoia Capital put $8 million into an obscure messaging app called WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is extremely quiet on the PR front. The company doesn't even have a marketing person in place. But it's a massive company that processes more than 27 billion messages in a day.In October, WhatsApp's CEO Jan Koum revealed that the service had 350 million monthly active users, up from 300 million in August. That's bigger than Twitter. Now the app has over 400 million monthly active users.
The Santa Clara-based company was founded by two former Yahoo employees, Brian Acton and Koum, in 2009.
new daily record: 10B+ msgs sent (inbound) and 17B+ msgs received (outbound) by our users = 27 Billion msgs handled in just 24 hours!- WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) June 12, 2013
- PL 2021: Here’s a look at how Punjab Kings vs CSK play against each other
- Goa and Gurugram recorded highest single day of covid 19 cases today
- Wipro fears it may lose its employees to competitors as there is an explosion of IT jobs
- Citibank to exit consumer banking business in India
- Checkout what is allowed and what is not in the new guidelines issued by the Delhi government