There's only one really good deal on the Nintendo Switch this holiday shopping season
- Nintendo wont be offering any major deals on the Nintendo Switch, even though the video game console being one of the most searched for items this holiday season,
- The company's best Black Friday deal is a new bundle, which includes the console and a copy of "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" bundle for $300. A new Switch console is usually $300 alone, so the deal is essentially for a free copy of "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe," which normally sells for $60.
- Some stores, like GameStop and Kohl's, are offering additional cash back with the purchase of a new Switch - but those are limited to Black Friday doorbuster deals, so be advised.
- Nintendo also sells refurbished Switch consoles year-round for $275, a slight discount.
For the second year in a row. the Nintendo Switch will be one of the most sought after tech gifts of the holiday season - but Nintendo still isn't ready to start offering deep discounts on its newest video game console.
For Black Friday 2018, Nintendo is offering a new Switch bundle with the console and a copy of "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" for $300. The deal essentially offers the Switch at its regular price of $300, and adds in a free game. For most Switch shoppers, this will be your best bet.
That's not a bad deal on its own. But the main competitors to the Switch, the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, will both be on sale for $200 with a free game during the holidays. For $200, you can get a PlayStation 4 console with the sensational "Marvel's Spider-Man," or an Xbox One S console bundled with "Minecraft" and some extras. Those bundles are available now.
Nintendo is known for its reluctance to drop prices. But after a relatively slow year for the Switch, which didn't see many big-ticket exclusive releases, a juicier Black Friday sale could've brought more attention back to the young console.
Of note: Nintendo is also offering a $360 bundle that gives you the Switch console and copies of "Mario Tennis Aces" and the party game oddity "1-2-Switch." Given that the console is $300, "Mario Tennis Aces" is $60, and "1-2-Switch" is $40 or so, it's a decent deal - but by most reports, "1-2-Switch" isn't necessarily worth your time.
Nintendo doesn't appear to be offering sale prices for any of its first-party Switch games either, including best-selling titles from last year like "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" and "Super Mario Odyssey." That said, Nintendo is known to introduce last-second sales on digital download games on Black Friday itself, so stay tuned.
For those still interested in buying a Switch, GameStop and Kohl's are offering some additional cash-back sweetneers on new Switch bundles purchased only on the day of Black Friday itself - so get ready to brave the crowds if you want these offers.
GameStop is offering a $50 gift card with a purchase of the "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" bundle, which is almost enough for a second game. Kohl's is selling the Nintendo Switch on its own with a Turtle Beach headset and carrying case for $329, with $90 in Kohl's Cash as a bonus. The Kohl's Cash functions as a gift card, but cannot be used on the same day of the purchase, making it a good deal for the frequent Kohl's shopper.
If you're willing to buy a used system, Nintendo offers refurbished Switch consoles for $275, plus shipping. Refurbished Switch consoles come with a guarantee from Nintendo and carry a one-year manufacturer's warranty. Business Insider reporter Antonio Villas-Boas ordered a refurbished Switch in September and was thoroughly satisfied with his experience.
NOW WATCH: How to train the last days before a marathon
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons