These 10 cities have the best chance of getting Amazon's $5 billion headquarters, according to the data
Mario Tama/Getty Images
To state their case for the company's second headquarters, they each tout their region's benefits, potential tax breaks, and local opportunities. But what does Amazon really want in a potential location? The financial services arm of Moody's looked at what Amazon might want in a city - both stated and inferred - to come up with a list of the best candidate cities for HQ2.
For its data compilation, Moody's looked at six factors: business environment, human capital, cost, quality of life, transportation, and geography. It then assigned a number to each city, and a weight to each factor to come up with their list of 10 cities. Moody's excluded Seattle, the site of Amazon's current headquarters, from consideration.
Amazon said it would invest $5 billion in the construction of its new headquarters, and it hopes to eventually house 50,000 Amazon staff members there, gradually building up its workforce.
Here's where Amazon is most likely to put down roots, according to the data. All quotes are from Moody's.
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price