These 10 ultra-popular sneakers are leading an explosion in the resale market
- Sneaker resale is booming. It's now estimated to be a $2 billion market, according to Cowen & Co. estimates.
- That market is projected to triple in size over the next several years, reaching more than $6 billion by 2025.
- With the help of StockX, Cowen compiled a list of the most sold sneakers on the platform over the last year.
Sneaker collecting is becoming an increasingly common pastime, and it's fueling a secondhand market that is exploding.
Sneaker resale is now estimated to be a $2 billion market, according to Cowen & Co estimates. It's projected to triple over the next several years, reaching more than $6 billion by 2025.
Almost all of that market is led by sneakers produced by Nike and, to a lesser extent, Adidas, which create rare and highly sought-after models that command prices reaching as high as $50,000.
While sneaker resale started out as a way to cop extremely rare, collectible kicks, most of the shoes actually sold in this way are less than $300 and have been restocked multiple times, according to StockX data provided to Cowen. The data covered StockX's most popular models in the 12 months ending in March.
Another observation: seven out of the 10 most commonly resold shoes are made by Adidas, specifically its Yeezy sub-brand in collaboration with Kanye West. The other three are made by Nike, but, again, specifically by its Jordan sub-brand that started as a collaboration with Michael Jordan.
Here were the most commonly resold sneakers in the last year:
All price information is courtesy of StockX via Cowen and effective March 26.
10. Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Sesame
9. Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Static
8. Jordan 1 Retro High Shadow (2018)
7. Jordan 1 Retro High Homage To Home (Non-numbered)
6. Jordan 11 Retro Concord (2018)
5. Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Cream/Triple White
4. Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Zebra
3. Adidas Yeezy Boost 700 Wave Runner Solid Grey
2. Adidas Yeezy 500 Blush
1. Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Butter
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 review: Value champion in the Android smartwatch space
- Best iPhone under ₹30,000
- Best earbuds under ₹1500
- Nykaa enters into a JV with Dubai-based fashion retailer Apparel Group
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World