These $115 wireless headphones have great sound quality for their price - and the leather detailing keeps them from looking too 'techy'
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Bluetooth headphones have become an essential tool for commuting, working out, and staying entertained at your desk without any pesky wires getting in the way.
- There are countless numbers of premium Bluetooth options in the marketplace, but if you're looking for something more reasonably priced, there are also several solid headphones available under $150.
- I recently tried the Klipsch R5 Neckband headphones ($115). They are incredibly comfortable - to the point that I forget I have them around my neck - and the sound quality is fantastic.
I'm not very picky when it comes to sound quality and I knew I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of headphones, so that eliminated premium brands like Bose. The three main factors that were influencing my decision beyond avoiding a major payday were in-ear comfort, noise cancelling technology, and the ability to take and make phone calls. I wound up choosing the Klipsch R5 Neckband headphones because of the sleek leather design on the neckband, the long battery life, and the high-tech calling feature that vibrates when you're receiving a call.the headphones was how incredibly lightweight they were around my neck. The leather around the neckband is edge-treated, so there is no irritation when it comes in contact with your skin. One downside is that they are not very transportable, because they don't fit in your pocket and should not be tossed haphazardly into an overly stuffed backpack. However, I did wear them around my neck while traveling to different happy hours after work, stuffing the wires under my shirt to avoid any funny looks, and hardly noticed that I had them on throughout the evening.
In addition to the comfort of the Klipsch neckband, the noise-cancelling technology is true to its word. The earbuds themselves have Klipsch's patented contour tips that provide a complete seal within your ear canal, while also offering a comfortable and pain-free experience even if you wear them for the entire eight-hour battery life. Whether I'm listening to a podcast, the new J. Cole single, or nature sounds, I am completely immersed into whatever I am playing. If you are planning to wear these at work, I recommend loosening one earbud so your boss doesn't sneak up behind you while you're perusing Reddit during working hours.Finally, the headphones also deliver excellent sound quality when completing a call. The left module noticeably vibrates when you have an incoming call, and there are no issues with hearing the other person on the line because of the noise cancelling technology. Additionally, the Klipsch R5 Neckband headphones actively reduce external sound so that your speech is clear to the other person. Advertisement
If you are looking for headphones to use while working out, these are definitely not the right choice. While I have intentionally avoided sweating on the leather neckband, I have had to sprint to catch an incoming subway train and the neckband was uncomfortably bouncing up and down on my neck as I ran to the stop. There are other inexpensive Bluetooth headphones out there better suited for physical activity that I would recommend buying in addition to the Klipsch R5 Neckband Bluetooth headphones.
Overall, these headphones are great for working at your desk or traveling because they are incredibly comfortable, offer a seamless calling experience, and effectively filter out any unwanted sound.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.Advertisement
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar