These 4 charts illustrate Russia's gas leverage over Europe
It's hard to overstate the power that Russia has over Europe. Each year, Europe pays Russia and its gas companies approximately $250 billion to supply 30% of Europe's energy needs. Some countries, like Armenia and Belarus, are 100% dependent on Russian gas.
To illustrate the point, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty has created a series of interactive chartsto show which countries rely on Russia the most and how much each one must pay for their gas. Click through to see just how dependent Europe is.
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry