These 8 Amazon shopping tricks will help you get the best deals possible
Beata Zawrzel/NurPhoto via Getty Images
- Amazon is the largest retailer on the planet and more than 100 million people worldwide have access to an Amazon Prime subscription.
- While Prime gives free shipping and plenty of other perks, there are other ways to save money when shopping on Amazon.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
For tens of millions of people, shopping on Amazon has become a regular part of their life.
The online retailer is one of the most trusted brands in America and more than 100 million people worldwide have access to the company's Prime membership service for free shipping and other exclusive perks.
It's easy to get excited about Amazon's low prices and free shipping on thousands of products, but the there are some simple ways you could save even more when shopping online.
Here are some quick tips to help you get the most out of your Amazon shopping experience:
Amazon Prime really is worth it if you order from the site more than once a month.
You can use CamelCamelCamel.com to see the lowest price an item has sold for on Amazon.
Amazon's Choice banner will show up on highly rated products based on your search, but it may not always be the best choice for you.
The "Subscribe & Save" option is an easy way to save on items you use regularly, even if you wouldn't normally buy them from Amazon.
If you plan on spending $100 or more while shopping, you can buy a $100 digital Amazon gift card to get an extra $10.
You find deep discounts on used, refurbished, or overstocked items at Amazon Outlet and Amazon Warehouse.
Amazon has daily deals on a wide variety of options, and limited-time sales called Lightning Deals. To find them, you can check the Gold Box page
AmazonSmile donates a small percentage (0.5%) of each of your purchases to a charity of your choice. But only purchases made when visiting Smile.Amazon.com add to the donation pool.
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn