These are the hot-button issues that people are Googling the most in every state ahead of Trump's State of the Union address
Mandel Ngan / Getty
- Ahead of President Donald Trump's State of the Union address on Tuesday night, Google Trends has revealed the hot-button issues that Americans have been searching for most.
- Abortion - which the president reportedly told aides that he wanted to be the center of his address - has been the most-searched issue across a majority of states this past week.
- Other top issues include health care, immigration, Medicare, and Medicaid.
- The speech starts at 9 pm EST tonight and can be streamed live on YouTube.
Americans are anxiously awaiting President Trump's State of the Union address tonight - which was originally scheduled for last month, but delayed due to the government shutdown.To help understand what topics people care about most, Google Trends revealed the hot-buttoned issues that Americans have been searching for ahead of the speech.Advertisement
Abortion - which the president reportedly told aides that he wanted to be the center of his address - has been the most-searched issue across a majority of states this past week on Google. Health care has also been a top issue in many states.Immigration has been a popular issue, but perhaps surprisingly (given its factor in the recent government shutdown), it was not the top-searched issue in any state, according to Google.
Medicare and Medicaid were heavily searched as well.Google has also been promoting the president's State of the Union on its homepage today, prompting users to watch the address live via YouTube.Read more: Google is plugging Trump's State of the Union address, further debunking one of the president's wild theoriesAdvertisement
The speech starts tonight at 9 pm EST.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19