These are the most shocking images from the monster floods hitting Europe
An 86-year old woman was found dead in her flooded house near Paris and a man on horseback drowned on Thursday.Apparently the first two casualties in France from the heavy rains that caused the Loire and Seine rivers to burst their banks, Reuters reports.
At least five people have been killed in floods in southern Germany's Bavaria state and thousands of households were cut off from electricity, according to Reuters.Firemen found the bodies of three women in the basement of a flooded house near Munich, and the body of a man at another property.
In a nearby village, emergency services discovered the body of a drowned woman draped over a tree trunk in a stream. At least four people were missing in the district of Rottal-Inn. "We're expecting the worst," police spokesman Michael Emmer told Reuters.
- Crypto exchange Bitex’s new utility token aims to simplify trading in rupee
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022