These are the screen sizes for next year's iPhone lineup, according to the most accurate Apple analyst
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- Apple could release three new iPhones with the same screen sizes as this year's models, TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted in a note for investors.
- Apple is also likely to use a new kind of antenna part in next year's models, according to the note seen by Business Insider.
- Kuo is widely known among Apple fans for detailing Apple products before they launch.
There are several reasons for the antenna change, according to Kuo, including that Apple has lower bargaining power against the current LCP suppliers and that the new technology can have equal performance to the LCP technology. Another point he made is that the new MPI technology will support the high-frequency bands needed for so-called "5G" or millimeter wave connectivity.From the note:
The estimation for LCP antenna shipments of new iPhone models will dip at least 70% YoY in 2H19. In total, six LCP antennae are currently being equipped in 2H18 new iPhone models (XS Max, XS, and XR). We predict that 2H19 new iPhone models, including the new 6.5" OLED, 5.8" OLED, and 6.1" LCD models, will adopt four MPI antennae and two LCP antennae. We believe that the two LCP antennae of 2H19 new iPhone models will be shipped exclusively by the Japanese supplier thanks to its better vertical integration capability.Kuo is widely known for predicting Apple products before they launch, with a focus on parts-suppliers that sell to Apple.
NOW WATCH: 7 places you can't find on Google Maps
- Best fully automatic washing machines for effortless washing in India
- India is seeking details on the rise in Swiss bank deposits from the South Asian country
- A UN report says India's new IT rules do not conform with international human rights norms
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings