These are the top 100 books of the year, according to Google
Harry Potter reigned supreme in 2016.
The series remains among the most popular books, and the latest edition of the canon, "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child," nabbed the top spot, according to Google's ranking of the top books of the year.
The books and graphic novels were ranked based on their popularity in the Google Play store. But they weren't necessarily published this year - in fact, Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends and Influence People" still made the list, despite being first published in 1936.
See below are the 100 most popular books of 2016. All the descriptions of the books below are provided by Google.
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company