These Breathtaking Pictures Won The Smithsonian's 'Nature's Best Photography' Contest
Andy Rouse / Nature's Best Photography Awards
Home to some of the most incredible nature photography in the world, the Smithsonian's Natural History Museum has just announced the winners from their "Nature's Best Photography" competition.
We've put 10 of our favorite images on display here. Large format versions of these - plus 50 more - will be on display at the museum through April 20, 2015.
These photos were chosen from more than 20,000 entries submitted from more than 50 countries.
They show mountaintops at dawn as well as life under the sea and in the most extreme environments on the planet.
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know