These photos prove that vintage Ferraris just look better in Italy
- The Cavalcade Classiche brought more than 80 vintage Ferraris to Rome.
- It was the third year for the event.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
There's nothing wrong with vintage Ferraris at Pebble Beach, basking in the California sun as they await million-dollar auctions. But somehow, the Prancing Horse looks properly at home in its home country, as the photo above amply demonstrates.
The occasion for this festival of Ferrari-ness was the third-annual Cavalcade Classiche.
"From 20 to 22 September, crews from Europe, the US, the Middle and Far East, New Zealand and Australia visited the Lazio countryside, the Appian Way Archaeological Park and the ancient consular roads [of Italy]," Ferrari explained in a statement.
"This fascinating and completely new route for a major event was designed in partnership with Rome City Council and other local institutions. On Friday, the Cavalcade arrived in Borgo San Pietro on Lake Salto and Rieti, before climbing Mount Terminillo and paying a visit to the magnificent Marmore Falls. The art and history of Todi and Viterbo took centre stage on the second day, while Sunday was dedicated to Rome, along a route that approached the eternal city through Frascati and Castel Gandolfo."
Have a look at some of the other stunning images from the event:
This is what upwards of 80 vintage Ferraris looks like, all in one place.
A pair of Ferrari Daytonas meandering through the Italian scenery.
For the open-top classics, helmets were in order.
A quick stop to take in the sights.
The unmistakable mega-wing of the Ferrari F40.
Ferraris rolling past Rome's Colosseum.
Cruising past the Vittorio Emanuele Monument in the Roman rain.
The sun did come out, to shine on Ferraris.
And let's face it — a yellow Dino looks good in the sunshine.
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Why the melting of the Arctic ice matters to India
- The economics behind Reliance Jio’s operations
- Akshay Kumar-led 'Cuttputlli' sets September 2 premiere on Disney+ Hotstar
- Best anti-dandruff shampoos to buy in India
- India’s first electric double-decker bus launched in Mumbai; to foster sustainability in Transport Sector